The total prep and cooking time for ketogenic meals takes me about 1.5 hours.
Can you imagine being done with cooking for the whole week under 2 hours? Now you can spend that extra 40 min per day watching Netflix or reading a book. #WINNING
Keto Cooking and Prep:
- Turn on the oven to 390F, put chicken thighs in a gallon bag or a large container. Season your chicken thighs, add 3 tbsp of ranch or caesar dressing, 1 tsp of worchestire sauce, 2 tbsp of minced garlic, and mix all the content really well. Let it all sit in the fridge until the oven is ready.
- The best way to cook bacon is not on a skillet but in the oven. Open up a bag of bacon that you just purchased. Make sure that your cooking sheet has rolled edges, so juices will not run off the pan. Cover a cooking sheet with aluminum foil, add as many slices of bacon as you can with minimum space in between slices.
- While oven is still getting ready, put 12 eggs in a pot of water. Once the water’s boiling, use a large spoon to gently lower the eggs into the water. Lower the heat to maintain a simmer and set a timer for 12 minutes. After that, put eggs under cold until shells are cold.
- When the oven is ready, It is time to put bacon and chicken thighs in the oven. Cover chicken thighs with parmesan cheese. Set the timer for 15 min. Flip bacon after 15-20 min. The chicken will be ready within an hour or so.
- While chicken and bacon are cooking, let’s prepare ground beef and veggies. Season your ground beef. Steak seasoning for ground beef is my favorite. Cook seasoned beef until it is brown with no pink spots left on medium heat.
- Dice onion, pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms. Add 1 tbsp of real butter on a hot skillet, add diced onion and mushrooms. Cook it until it is goldish brown color, add zucchini, pepper, and 1 tbsp of garlic. For seasoning, I use garlic salt, but you can experiment with your veggie mix. Mixed it all up and let it simmer for 15-20 min.
- After veggies and ground beef are ready, mix them all together.
- Get the bacon and chicken out of the oven when it is ready. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Dry bacon with a paper towel from extra grease.
Keto Meal Portioning
- Get 6 resealable sandwich bags. Put 2 hard boiled eggs and 4 slices of bacon in each bag. Your weekly keto breakfast is ready! (320 calories each)
- Get 12 resealable sandwich bags and portion 1 pound of nuts that we bought. These bags should last you for at least two weeks. (200 calories each)
- Put your veggie/meat mix in 6 Tupperware containers. You can use it either for lunches or dinners. (490 calories each)
- Let’s divide chicken thighs and put them in our other 6 Tupperware containers. Before leaving for work, just add plenty of salad mix to it, 1 tbsp of bacon bites, 1 tbsp of your favorite low carb dressing, and 1 tsp of grated parmesan, and a whole avocado. (490 calories each)
- For snacks and cravings use Quest bars (170-250 calories per bar) and/or pork rinds (140 calories per 14 pieces)
Daily Keto Macros
Download PDF : Click Here
Note : If the PDF does not working kindly click any Advertisement ads ads for Your Meal plan PDF file
- 2 boiled eggs and bacon – 320 calories, 2g net carbs, 0g fiber, 26g fat, 31g protein
- Veggies and ground beef – 490 calories, 5.2g net carbs, 4.2g fiber, 33g fat, 42g protein
- Almonds – 200 calories, 4g net carbs, 3g fiber, 18g fat, 7g protein
- Chicken salad with bacon – 490 calories, 4g net carbs, 11g fiber, 36g fat, 17g protein
Optional: Quest Bar – 190 calories, 4g net carbs, 17g fiber, 9g fat, 21g protein
Daily Nutritional Totals without Quest Bars:
- 1500-1690 calories
- 15.2g of net carbs
- 113g of fat
- 97g of protein
Minimizing Keto Flu
I remember my experience with keto flu. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I had full-blown, flu-like symptoms.
It wasn’t pretty, but it doesn’t mean that it will happen to you. Symptoms vary from person to person. One of my friends didn’t even have any symptoms.
Nonetheless, there are techniques to minimize the severity of ketogenic flu, especially during your first week of your ketogenic diet journey.click below pic to download plan in pdf file
The main reason for keto flu symptoms is electrolytes imbalance. To minimize these symptoms I recommend to ramp up on your sodium intake. There is actually a very easy way of doing it. Just boil up a cup of water in a microwave, throw a Knorr cube, and you have a tasty cup of soup with 68% of daily sodium value.
If you want something sweeter and cooler, then blue Powerade ZERO is your friend. Also, I am a big fan of sunflower seeds. It takes a long time to eat a lot of them and it has enormous amounts of sodium. Double Win!!!
Last, but not least, don’t forget to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water. The rule of thumb is to do “8×8” (8 cups of 8oz). I think it is too many cups to track. I would recommend investing in 32oz bottle of water and just having two of those daily.
This week is all about starting with the ketogenic diet meal plan and trying to get into ketosis. You have 6 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 6 dinners. I left one day out intentionally, so you can start finding recipes that you like. This week try to keep up with you electrolytes and water intake to minimize keto flu.
Enjoy your new bacon-filled life and keto on.
Let me know in comments below if this plan worked for you!click to download plan in pdf file
If you want to follow my keto journey, here is my blog. I just got started, so don’t be too harsh: Ketogenic Lab